Endometriosis is something that is difficult to diagnosed, and even harder to treat when that is not something a doctor specializes in. From having your first Laparoscopy to determining the right birth control, and/or if going on Lupron is the right option for you; there are a lot of stages you will go through to manage your pain and ensure you are still able to maintain your fertility. Finding a doctor who understands what you are going through and finding the best options for you is key. As a women with Endometriosis, you will still need to do a lot of research on your own, however having a specialist on your side will save some time and faster pain relief.
Endometriosis Specialist Centers
The following are centers that specialize in Endometriosis:
- Seckin Endometriosis Center (New York, NY)
- Mercy Center for Women’s Health (Baltimore, MD)
- Howard University Hospital – Obstetrics and Gynecology (Washington, DC)
- Nezhat Medical Center (Atlanta, GA)
Endometriosis Specialist Doctors
Finding a doctor that understands a women’s painful cycle can be difficult. In the beginning, you will find that a lot of doctors will try to prescribe medicine or birth control to merely control your pain and not discover what is causing your pain. Painful cycles is not normal, and although there is not a cure for disorders like Endometriosis, that does not always mean pain medicine and/or birth control will be the solution. It is important to find a doctor that is willing to go the extra mile with you to discover what is causing your pain and how to ensure you live a life that is healthy and conducive to your needs and wants. The following are specialist in the area of Endometriosis that do just that:
- Dr. Camran Nezhat and the Nezhat family are all Endometriosis doctors and advocates who started the Worldwide March for Endometriosis . Dr Nezhat is known for giving women who face infertility due to Endometriosis hope. He is called the “Father of Modern-Day Operative Laparoscopy”, pioneering techniques and research. He is located in Plao Alto, Californa.
2. Dr. Tamer Seckin has 3 decades of experience in laparoscopic surgery. He is known for his expertise in diagnosing and treating women with Endometriosis. He started both the Seckin Endometriosis Center located in New York City, as well as, being the co-founder of the Endometriosis Foundation of America.
3. Dr. Fermin Barrueto, listed as one of Baltimore Magazine’s the top doctors in 2017, is a noted surgeon with a speciality in Endoscopy and Pelvic reconstruction. He speaks both English and Spanish. Located in the Mercy’s Institute for Gynecologic Care center, Dr. Barrueto is my personal doctor who helped in discover and treat my Endometriosis.
4. Dr. Kevin Smith has a pulse on minority women with Endometriosis. During the Endometriosis March in 2017, he presented key information on how Endometriosis has gone untreated amongst minority women in the past and why. Located in Washington, DC area, Dr. Smith is affiliated with Howard University hospital with an office in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Do you have a doctor to recommend that you had an amazing experience with during treatment?!? Please share! You can send me an email at Kyla@PinkProverb.com.
Check out The Endo List page for information and help resources.