Happy Monday Verbs!
Life is an onion and one cries while peeling it. -French Proverb
I know it has been a while. When I tell you LIFE dealt me a hand of cards that had me all in my feelings. I honestly didn’t know how to get back in my groove again, because I was so focused on the cards that didn’t look so good. The crazy part is I still had 3 good spades in my hand that in hind sight made that season of my life amazing, and I am happy to share that things that helped me get through.
Last time we chatted, I had just had a biopsy over a cancer scare and I knew my follow-up appoint was coming up that I was holding my breath over. I started a new job and in the mist of purchasing my first home. Both came with a lot of excitement and work! My grandmother was in and out of the hospital, and every time my mom called, my heart would skip a beat thinking she was calling to tell me it was time to prepare for her home-going.
Needless to say that call eventually came, and I thought I was prepared. I had spoke with my grandmother that day before, made a trip weeks prior to see her, and had so many memories to hold on to that I would cherish forever. I had just enough strength to deal with one major lost in my life, only to get another call a week later that my aunt past. I felt like a got punched in the gut, and I didn’t understand why God was giving me so much to bear.
All of this in a matter of 8 weeks. Through is all, I just wanted to do is get through this season without a major Endo flare-up. After taking off time for bereavement and leaving early for walk-throughs and other house related things, I didn’t want to add sick leave for Endometriosis when I was already gone for a major part of the first 2 months of school.
I had a lot going on, both good and bad that can make life feel stressful. And I am thankful! Because through it all I didn’t have a flare up. Won’t He Do It!!!!
If you find your self in a similar situation, I have a few tips for you…
How To Get Past Stress
Things will happen in life, but it doesn’t mean that the stress has to take over your journey in life.
- Breath/Relax. Breath deep, and breath long! Take a second to just be, and listen to your body. Acknowledge where you are at that very moment, and take in everything that moment has to offer. It can be hard to get to place, and tea is usually my go-to to get in a relaxed state. Favorite teas here.
- Laugh. It has been proven that laughter can change your mood. I swear by keeping saved links on my phone and computer that will instantly make me laugh. It instantly brings up my mood, and helps me see that life is more then one negative moment that I may have in front of me.
- Avoid Drama. I avoid it like a plague! This has taken a lot of growth, but I have learned to distance myself from both people and situations that bring me nothing healthy. I only watch my drama on TV, and know it seems I have so much list stress in my life.
- Take Control. You are in control of every situation that comes into your life, even when you think you aren’t. Ask yourself what you want out of it, and respond accordingly. Remember saying “no” is sometimes necessary, and it can be done in a respectable way.
- Confide in Close Family and Friend(s). This is not about having a large number of people in circle. It is about having valued people who will allow you to be yourself and go through your emotions naturally without them pushing you to be or do what they invision for your life. They will definitely nudge you, but these are the people that really want to see you when and be in a healthy scenario throughout life. **Special shout out to my sister, boyfriend, and one of my dream-friends that “nudged” me to write this post today.
- Write It Down/ Prioritize. There will always be something and/or someone wanting to take up your time. However, if you write down the things that are important to you for that day, month and year you will be able to see through the fog.
- Rest – Up. The power of sleep is real! Often times a good nap or 8 hours at night will make life feel like a renewed place, and I know our bodies that break to rest.
I hope that this helps you along your journey, because life is coming and I know we can get through it.