I have a secret… I have a love affair with New York, and I can’t seem to shake it. For the past two weekends I have been in New York for a little bit of business and pleasure. There are a lot of misconceptions that I think should cleared up:
1. New Yorkers are friendly (and straight forwarded). It seems that I meet a new friend every time my feet hit the pavement in New York, and it’s I find that people are a lot more open and engaging then they get credit for being.
2. New York is a city for foodies! For those who know me, know I love to eat. Trust me when I say, every time I go to New York I find a new food gem that is worth the hustle and bustle.
That being said, this Southern Belle has a soft spot for my New York homies and their hospitality, the food, and the amount of fun I have every time I go.
Here are the details of my latest visit:
1. Chelsea Market: There are a lot of reasons to visit Chelsea Market, and if you are not blessed enough to be invited to hang out in the Youtube suite or the Google office don’t fret. This is a foodies playground from the Lobster Market to the international land of tea, you will find something to tickle your fancy. The one thing I love about Chelsea Market is that it is a place were food and fashion meet. You can find a couple of designer’s stores in there, and a pop store here and there. This past weekend Fab.com held it’s wholesale market there, and I couldn’t pass up the shoes for $20.
2. Macy’s Flower Show: Spring is in the air, and every year around this time +Macy’s holds it’s Spring Flower show in New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Chicago and Minneapolis. It’s refreshing to see fashion in the form of fresh flowers, and the smell of flowers throughout the store makes it a experience you will never forget. The show ends April 6th, so if you are in one of those cities check it out. Click here for more details.
2. Neely’s BBQ Parlor: I love the Neely’s on +Food Network! They are such a breath of fresh air, and their restaurant in New York will probably soon be on my “Top 10 Must Visit” list. They were able to transform a New York store front into a Southern Oasis that has a cigar lounge to hang in. I don’t even smoke cigars, but I atmosphere was so nice I had to experience it.