Happy New Year! To all of the single ladies: 2014 is your year for fun, excitement, new experiences and new love –even if it is just something you watch on TV. I don’t know what the future may hold, but one thing I do know is that I have my popcorn ready for the season premieres starting in January.
At the top of the new year, +BET ‘s Being Mary Jane premieres on January 6th and the 3rd season of +VH1 ‘s +Single Ladies begins on January 7th. I personally love both shows for stepping out of the cookie cutter story lines, and giving us the unexpected surprises that l like to call human nature.
Highlights: +LeToya Luckett has joined the cast of Single Ladies, and from what I hear she is a beast at her new role. From the preview alone, she has me eager to see more of her snappy-straight forward persona. +VH1 Single Ladies has added an impressive list of celebrity guest appearances, including TI, B.O.B, +Damien Dante Wayans , and many others.
Congrats to +Gabrielle Union on her new engagement to +Dwyane Wade! Hopefully, we will see a happy ending for Mary Jane this go around.
In honor of the new TV season dedicated to the single ladies, I have decided to share the top 5 things on my “Single Ladies Survival Kit”.
Single Ladies Survival Kit:
1. A Calendar of Events – Stay busy! Find things that interest you and get involved. No matter what your interest, find organizations to join, free city events, and/or galas to occupy your time. This is also a good way to meet men that share your same interest.
2. A Gym Membership – Keep it tight! If you are like me, you will probably have a lot of extra energy to burn off and the gym is the place to stay sane/ in shape. The gym is also a great place to spark conversation with single men in you area.
3. A Wing Woman – Put your girls to work! It’s hard not to become a little jealous and/or sickened at the sight of a girlfriend being lovey-dovey with her man, but look on the bright side –She won’t mind helping you clear the path to talk to a potential interest minus any friends he has hanging around.
4. A Open Mind and a “Yes” – Not everyone you meet will be the man in your dreams, however it doesn’t mean you won’t have a learning experience or a good time. Keep your options open, remember dating is often times the way you determine what you really want and/or don’t want in a partner.
5. A “Girl Let Me Tell You” Journal/Blog – If you are really open to dating, trust me you will have more juice to share then any show you watch! Find that one girlfriend you can share your stories with and it will be great way to laugh your way through the foolishness.