Having a Yoga routine has changed my life in so many ways — mental health, physical health (mainly Endometriosis control) and spiritual enlightenment. However, to be completely honest it took me years to create a routine that I felt was beneficial. There are four things you must do/have to get started on a good foot…
- Be Open-Minded and Try. The first couple of times you start practicing Yoga you will probably look and feel ridiculous, but go with it! Forget about all the perfect images of people doing Yoga, shed yourself of your shoes and socks, and accept yourself for who you are at this very moment.
- Learn Yoga. Yoga Basics is a great place to start to learn about what Yoga is, how you benefit from it and different moves.
- Find a partner. A friend that is willing to go on this journey with you will make it so much easier, fun, and give you that extra level of accountability that you need.
- Find a Yogi / class to help you develop. This may take some time to find the right environment for you, but don’t give up. If you are in Baltimore, you can definitely check out the Dope Yogi and Bikram Yoga.
- Practice at home. Make sure you have a place in your home to practice Yoga. Even if it is only 5 minutes in the morning, it will help develop your practice.